geekygURL cooks with FIRE!
[Click here to return to main geekygURL Cooks with Fire page.]
This is my all-time favorite pasta dish.
Hooker's Pasta is also known as Pasta Puttanesca. I read a story once that told how this dish was named. Apparently hookers used to make this dish for their customers late at night. The ingredients are all things that would be in any Italian kitchen, and since it could be made quickly and easily, the ladies could keep their "operation" going.
1 and 1/2 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil (no pun intended)
1 fat clove of garlic (2 or 3 cloves are even better)
10 or 12 plump Calamata olives (remove pits)
1 tsp of capers
2-inch stripe of anchovy paste (or use a few anchovy filets)
1 small chopped tomato (I leave the seeds in, but you can remove them if you like.)
Crushed red pepper to taste
Pasta for one person (I like Penne or Rotini)
While the pasta is cooking, make the sauce:
This recipe is for one person as a meal or two as an appetizer.
- Put the capers, garlic, and olives in a food processor and mince. If you have to do this by hand, chop all of it it together so it combines. It has to be chopped pretty small, but don't make it mushy like a paste.
- Put the olive oil in a heated pan.
- Add the tomato and anchovy paste and stir to combine.
- Add the olive/garlic/capers mixture and stir gently to combine
- Cook the mixture for about 4 or 5 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the sauce.
- Top the dish off with some crushed red pepper.
Have a question about a recipe? Contact me.